I’m a big fan of tacos and salads, so why not bring that love together to create a simple and delicious taco salad! I chose to make this taco salad vegan to give you the perfect Meatless Monday meal, and to provide a dinner or lunch option for those of you who either are vegan or who eat meat but would like to add in more plant-based meals. This Vegan Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is not only vegan, but also gluten-free, dairy-free and has no added sugar. It’s full of clean plant-based protein, fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamins A, C & K.
I’m really happy with how this salad turned out, and I hope you love it too!
Vegan Taco Salad Recipe
- 3/4 bag organic arugula
- ½ 15.25oz can organic corn (no sugar added)
- ½ 15oz can organic black beans (here’s my favorite brand)
- ½ 3.8oz can sliced black olives
- 1 large handful sliced organic mixed tomatoes
- 1 cubed avocado
- 1 almond flour tortilla (these are what I use and they’re amaze! You can pick them up at Whole Foods)
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 3½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp pure water
- ½ tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1/8 tsp sea salt pinch of black pepper
- Soak cashews for 24 hours or at least overnight.
- To make dressing, blend cashews, olive oil, juice of lime, water, cilantro, sea salt, and pepper together in high-powered blender.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice tortilla into small strips and bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx. 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it because it does get crispy fast.
- Add arugula to large mixing bowl.
- Add corn, beans, olives, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Top with crunchy tortilla strips and approx. 2 tbsp dressing. Mix together well.
- Note: You will have plenty of dressing left over, so make sure to save in a small jar with a lid, refrigerate and use for future tasty salads!