Happy 4th of July weekend, sweet friend! Hope it’s a fun-filled weekend with lots of sunshine, relaxing, great food, good company and sweet treats.
And speaking of sweet treats, I have the perfect one for you to enjoy with no guilt whatsoever!
I know holidays can create some anxiety around staying healthy, but make healthy choices when you can and also treat yourself too (if you want)! Restricting ourselves is never fun, can create stress and can actually cause us to think about whatever food we are trying to restrict way too much. Food is absolutely meant to nourish us, but remember it’s also for us to enjoy. So, over the weekend, make sure to have a healthy breakfast (a protein and fiber-filled smoothie or some eggs with veggies and avocado), drink plenty of water, take your vitamins, make other healthy choices when you can, #treatyoself and have F U N!
Went off on a tangent – haha, to make sure and encourage you! – now back to these dairy-free coconut ice cream bites!
These are the perfect July 4th healthy summer treats to cool you off and be super festive too! They are easy to make with only 4 ingredients (sticking with the holiday theme of course), so fun for entertaining, and naturally sweetened with strawberries and a few drops of liquid stevia.
You can enjoy poolside or as a dessert for a holiday BBQ! They are vegan and made with whole, nourishing ingredients.
If you make these (which I hope you do!), please let me know what you think in the comment section below or on my Instagram. I hope you love them!
What you will need:
Star-shaped ice cube tray
¾ can organic coconut milk
1 large handful organic strawberries
3 drops liquid stevia (here’s my favorite brand)
1 tsp vanilla
- Make sure to place coconut milk in fridge overnight so the cream solidifies at the top.
- When ready to make your ice cream bites, take coconut milk out of fridge and scoop out all the coconut cream at the top and a little of the liquid milk at the bottom which will help everything blend together nicely. Pour into high-powered blender.
- Add stevia and vanilla and blend well.
- Pour coconut mixture into bowl. Rinse blender.
- Next, take a large handful of strawberries and blend in blender. (You want to blend the strawberries separate from the coconut mix to create a beautiful variety of color for the stars.)
- Pour blended strawberries into a separate bowl.
- Then take a third bowl and add some of the coconut mix and some of the blended strawberries and mix together. Spoon that mixture into a couple of the star molds.
- Repeat steps with varying amounts of the coconut mix and the strawberries, again to give different looks to all of the stars. Play and have fun with this!
- Once all of the stars are filled in the tray, place in the freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, take out and enjoy!
Have a wonderful July 4th weekend and holiday!