Yay, it’s officially spring! Which means time to share lots of fresh spring recipes! Starting with these favorites I made for Easter last year. These Raspberry Lemon Superfood Muffins were a huge hit so I decided I must share them on my blog this year. The berry-citrus combination of raspberries and lemon makes these beyond delicious and taste just like spring in a muffin.
These superfood muffins are gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free. They are full of fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
I used coconut sugar, my favorite unrefined, nutrient-rich sugar. It’s low-glycemic so slowly absorbs into the bloodstream and doesn’t cause a “sugar crash”. It’s the same consistency as refined white sugar, so this works as a great substitute. This sugar is also a great source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. How great is that!;)
You can make these plain or with a raspberry-lemon glaze!
Makes 15 muffins.
1 cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
½ tsp vanilla
4 organic eggs
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ cup coconut oil
1 ½ lemons
1 heaping cup fresh raspberries
Raspberry-Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, sea salt and coconut sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and then add to dry mix.
- Add almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil and mix well. Note: make sure the coconut oil is in liquid form. If solid, melt it on the stove in a pan and then measure it to be ½ cup.
- Juice the lemons and mix juice in.
- Fold in raspberries. Mash some of the raspberries and leave some whole.
- Line muffin pan with cute spring cupcake liners.
- Spoon dough into each liner.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to check at 25 minutes as oven times may vary.
- Let muffins cool on cooling rack.
- Optional: For the glaze, blend raspberries in blender. Stir in juice of ½ lemon. Top muffins with glaze.
In the spirit of spring, I also wanted to share a sweet memory I made with my mama this week. I surprised her with a mini road trip to a tulip farm so she could pick her favorite flowers for Easter. It was so much fun! Here are some photos we took…
Hope you have a beautiful Easter!