With the unofficial end to summer upon us, I feel like life gets serious again with seriously packed schedules and busy days. Which means not a whole lot of time in the mornings which means not a whole lot of time to make a healthy breakfast. Well, that’s where chia seed pudding comes in!
You probably know by now just how much I love chia seed pudding. I’ve already shared two different recipes on my blog: Pumpkin Spice Chia Seed Pudding and Blackberry Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding. And now I’m back with another one! This time I’ve included a layer of cherry banana smoothie along with crunchy, almond buttery toppings. Chia seed pudding and an antioxidant-filled smoothie all rolled into one?! Yes, please!
This Lavender Chia Seed Pudding with a Cherry-Banana Smoothie on Top is so simple to make with minimal effort plus is super healthy and seriously delicious. It’s dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free and an awesome source of clean, plant-based protein. It’s also full of flavor, fiber and healthy fats and is naturally sweetened.
Lavender Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
5 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 pinches dried culinary lavender
Super-Simple Cherry Banana Smoothie Recipe
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup frozen cherries
1/2 frozen banana
Your favorite granola (I used Purely Elizabeth’s Cranberry Pecan Granola)
- Combine almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and lavender into a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, make your cherry banana smoothie by simply blending almond milk, cherries and banana in a high-powered blender and blend well.
- Take out your chia pudding from the fridge and top with cherry banana smoothie, fresh figs, almond butter, granola, coconut flakes and blackberries.
Do you love chia seed pudding as much as I do?! If you make this, please let me know what you think in the comments below!