June 21st marked the official start to summer! To celebrate, I created some fresh new summer smoothies for you that are super easy to make and delicious. I will be sharing a new smoothie recipe with you each week over the next four weeks.
Smoothies are the perfect way to easily add in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, fiber and healthy fats. Blending up a smooth is also one of the best ways to beat the heat and is a great way to start your day or enjoy for a light lunch or a sweet snack!
Today’s Key Lime Smoothie will definitely give you tropical vibes! This hydrating smoothie is a great source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, electrolytes, healthy fats and plant-based protein. It’s great for clear, pretty skin & healthy hair, plus helps to decrease bloating, increase energy and boost your immune system.
5 key limes
1 cup coconut water
½ tbsp coconut oil
1 handful baby kale
1 cup pineapple
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Juice the key limes and orange with either a juicer or a handheld juicer.
2. Add the fresh key lime juice and orange juice to blender.
3. Next, add the coconut water, coconut oil, baby kale, pineapple, hemp seeds and chia seeds to blender and blend well.
4. Optional: Pour smoothie over ice to chill.
5. Optional: Use a pineapple as your smoothie cup for some extra summery fun!
Cheers to key lime tropical vibes!