Pumpkin flavored everything all day, every day. It’s one of the best things about fall! Pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin pies, and now Gluten-Free Mini Pumpkin Donuts!
Who doesn’t love pumpkin, donuts and anything mini? These donuts are not only cute, delicious and full of fall flavor, they are also gluten-free and dairy-free making them allergy-friendly. Not to mention they are made with healthier ingredients and are refined sugar free. No post-donut guilt here! Plus, we can’t forget about the dark chocolate drizzle on top! So yum!
They are super easy to make, we promise you can make them in a snap! (must see video for reference;) These are perfect to make on a fall Sunday morning to enjoy with a cup of coffee, bring to a holiday dinner or party, or to make as a sweet surprise for a sweet friend.
Also, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, making them a fun Thanksgiving breakfast option or a tasty treat to enjoy over the long holiday weekend!
I collaborated with an oh-so-talented friend of mine, Peyton Frank, to create a video for this recipe. Here’s our fun video on how to make these Gluten-Free Mini Pumpkin Donuts! (Make sure to watch until the end! It’s the best part!)
Makes 42 mini donuts.
1 cup coconut flour or almond flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 15oz can organic pumpkin
2 eggs (whisked)
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
2½ tbsp coconut oil (melted)
½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt, and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add almond milk, whisked eggs, melted coconut oil, and pumpkin to dry ingredients, and mix well until completely combined.
- Grease each mold in mini donut pan with coconut oil.
- Add dough to each donut mold.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Oven times may vary. Do the clean toothpick test to make sure they are done.
- While donuts are cooling, melt chocolate chips using a double boiler or a makeshift double boiler (just a small saucepan filled about halfway with water and a heat-safe glass bowl on top.) First, bring water to a boil, turn down to a simmer, place glass bowl on top, add chocolate chips to bowl and stir while chips are melting so it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on donuts.
- Enjoy right away or place in the fridge to harden chocolate.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. They taste awesome right out of the fridge too with the hardened chocolate!
Video by: Peyton Frank