So, my husband is great in the kitchen! Lucky for me I often get a break;) Recently, he surprised me with this deliciousness for dinner. It’s sooo good, yum! And simple to make. My two favorite combos when it comes to meals. It’s light and refreshing and filled with holiday flavors.
Makes 2-3 salads.
- 1 Honey Crisp apple
- 10-15 asparagus tips
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion
- 1 handful pine nuts
- seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 lemon
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- sea salt + pepper
- Slice apples and sauté in coconut oil with cinnamon for 5 minutes.
- Sauté asparagus tips in coconut oil with sea salt, pepper and juice of half a lemon for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice avocado into cubes.
- Slice green onion.
- Cut pomegranate in half. Using a wooden spoon, hit the outside of the pomegranate over a bowl to collect seeds. Continue hitting until all seeds fall out.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, apples, asparagus tips, avocado, green onion, pomegranate seeds + pine nuts.
- Dress with olive oil and the juice of the other lemon half. Garnish with rosemary.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Stay tuned for another Christmas recipe coming soon!! My healthy, flourless and gluten-free Mint Chocolate Cookies!
P.S. There are just a few days left to order this holiday mug in time for Christmas!! Click HERE for details!