Today is Earth Day! And it’s time to celebrate! Celebrate the beauty that is all around us. It’s easy to take for granted some of the things we see each day, but today let’s really take special notice of the sky, clouds, sunrise, sunset, trees, flowers, animals, every amazing detail of the Earth that God created perfectly. I’m always in such awe and in such appreciation of our beautiful home.
In honor of this celebratory day, I put together a list of 5 fun activities you could do to enjoy the day!
1. Take your work outside. Bring your laptop and notebook and find a cozy spot.
2. Invite a loved one to share in a healthy outdoor picnic.
3. Drink green and enjoy these healthy tropical wheatgrass shots! They are super easy to make and delicious.
Recipe: ½ pineapple, 1 lemon, 2 cups organic wheatgrass. Juice the pineapple and lemon first, then juice the wheatgrass. Cheers!
4. Plant a tomato garden, peach tree, strawberry plant, lavender plant, an herb garden or anything you’d love to have in your backyard.
5. Order local and organic produce from a “co-op style farmstead”. Urban Acres is a great option for those who live in the Dallas area. Or you can also shop at your local farmer’s market over the weekend and load up on fresh veggies, fruit and flowers!
These activities are not only a way to do something nice for the Earth, but will also rejuvenate and refresh you.
And you don’t have to enjoy all of these today! I can see that planting a peach tree in the middle of the week could be a bit time consuming! So, that’s a fun little project you could do over the upcoming weekend.
Hope you have a great Earth Day!